The National Accreditation Board (NAB) of the Commonwealth of Dominica was established by Act No.13 of 2006 as the principal body for conducting and advising on the accreditation and recognition of post secondary and tertiary educational and training institutions, programmes and awards, whether local or foreign, and for the promotion of the quality and standards of post secondary and tertiary education and training in Dominica. The NAB monitors and evaluates the quality of post secondary and tertiary educational institutions, programmes and awards, to safeguard the interest of the public and to improve the quality of education and training offered in Dominica.
The work of the National Accreditation Board improves the quality and raises the profile and status of tertiary education and qualifications awarded in Dominica. It ensures that stakeholders obtain value for their investments in post secondary and tertiary education. It also facilitates increased economic, social and cultural development as high quality institutions produce world class graduates who are committed to the task of national and regional development and able to compete with the best in the world.
How does the Community Benefit from the Services Provided by the NAB?
- Accurate, accessible information on issues of quality assurance in higher education to facilitate informed policy and decision-making.
- Authoritative advice to all stakeholders on the legitimacy and quality of institutions, programmes and awards in Dominica.
- A regulatory framework for tertiary education based upon competent legal authority ensuring compliance and accountability of institutions and providers in the tertiary education sector.
- Commitment to continuous improvement by all local tertiary education institutions facilitated by sustained quality enhancement support.
- International trustworthiness and respect for local institutions and programmes based on a comprehensive and rigorous national quality assurance system.
- A culture of research, innovation and promotion of excellence in the local tertiary education sector.